[SailfishDevel] FOSDEM Community follow-up - open source app community

Andrey Kozhevnikov coderusinbox at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 10:45:15 UTC 2014

Blaming openrepos again? Are you serious?

Google search allow to search any rpm binary without source code
attached, download it and install, and some of found packages can be
untrusted. You can answer: what the **? Who cares about google? Of
course, we dont care if user did some actions  for finding and
installing bad package to phone. But when we created good place for
storing packages with user comments, rating, repositories and great
native client, and we are not stupid, we know about existence
(*possible* existence) of malware, we keeping in mind future great
improvements for openrepos and so, then you going to be crazy. Why?

Because creator of openrepos is not you, because someone did this great
place, and its not you? Harbour and OBS restrictions are good? I dont
think so, but i dont want to force you to take my opinion. I'm using
openrepos and i am happy. But at  the same time i am sad because of your
madness about openrepos existence.

Please stop this stupid openrepos blaming. If someone upload malware we
will ban it, post information everywhere. But in my opinion it will
never happen. We are NOT against FOSS, we are NOT malware/warez site.
Stop writing lies and speculation about openrepos.