[SailfishDevel] How to access the viewfinder of the QCamera?

Andrew den Exter andrew.den.exter at jolla.com
Mon Feb 3 08:57:44 UTC 2014

> After some digging in the gstreamer debug log it seems that the camera source
> is just supporting the data format video/x-android-buffer and there is no
> equivalent QVideoFrame::PixelFormat for this. Is there really no possibility
> to access the viewfinder in Qt? Then how is the camera app doing that?

The camera app uses it's own scene graph node which is based on a Gstreamer sink element (droideglsink) implementing the NemoGstVideoTexture interface defined in https://github.com/nemomobile/nemo-gst-interfaces.

We're working on a solution which will allow QtMultimedia's VideoOutput item to use that node instead of it's own built in nodes, but in the meantime have been accessing it through the GStreamerVideoOutput type which is defined in the 'Sailfish.Media 1.0' import.

Andrew.