[SailfishDevel] Installation trouble with the SDK

Martin Kampas martin.kampas at tieto.com
Thu Dec 11 10:07:24 UTC 2014

Hi Luciano,

On Thursday, December 11, 2014 10:21:16 AM Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> [...] My question is...
> shouldn't there be a virtualbox "mersdk" instance available before
> invoking the merssh command? Because the virtualbox manager does not
> show a configuration for it.

this shouldn't be an issue here - the keys are stored on host, in a directory shared with the VM [1].

BTW, earlier you wrote:

> [...] and I unwisely removed the SailfishOS directory

IIUC you didn't use the uninstaller - it might be worth to search your home directory for garbage from the previous installation which may possibly cause some troubles.. Also consider removing (renaming) ~/.config/SailfishAlpha4.

BR,
Martin

[1] https://github.com/sailfish-sdk/sailfish-qtcreator/blob/next/src/tools/merssh/generatekeyscommand.cpp