[SailfishDevel] Installation trouble with the SDK

Ove Kåven ovek at arcticnet.no
Thu Dec 11 03:10:41 UTC 2014

On 10. des. 2014 10:41, kim at foder.dk wrote:
> I have had this problem since I upgraded Ubuntu to 14.10, and have recently come to the conclusion that the problem probably is entropy.
>
> A test has shown that the entropy pool always is extremely low (about 1000 with heavy disk access, less than 800 otherwise)
>
> I have tried to generate more entropy by starting programs with heavy disk or net acces, and fidling with the mouse, but the installation still hangs at 76%, and after a short while everything on the desktop freezes, even the mouse.
>
> The only way to get out of it is a long press on the power button.

These symptoms do not sound like it has anything at all to do with
entropy. I don't know where you could have gotten that idea.

The symptoms sound more like what would happen if there was too much
I/O, too many programs running, too much memory used, and perhaps too
much swap space: the system would start swapping so heavily it would
become totally unresponsive.