[SailfishDevel] SailfishOS as an OS/platform in Qt

Attila Csipa qt at csipa.in.rs
Sun Dec 7 20:16:39 UTC 2014

On 12/7/2014 11:33 AM, Alejandro Exojo wrote:
> However, the main thing that motivated me to dig into the issue and
> send the mail was libsailfishapp. That library is, AFAIK, only
> relevant on Sailfish, and also requires one to add special code in
> main(). That can't be done at

There, you said it yourself - if what you want is to detect a library,
then that's what
you should be doing. That also goes for the includes, linker flags, etc
- that's why people
invented pkgconfig and such. This way you avoid the problems of "what if
not all
Sailfish devices have that lib in the future (or their API changes)" and
similar.

The same would apply for, say, Ubuntu - if I want to write lenses/scopes
for it, then I
should be checking for libunity, and not a Q_OS_UBUNTU.

Best regards,
Attila