[SailfishDevel] SailfishOS as an OS/platform in Qt

Alejandro Exojo suy at badopi.org
Sun Dec 7 09:33:56 UTC 2014

El Saturday 06 December 2014, Luciano Montanaro escribió:
> Actually, no, you want to detect features at runtime, not at build time.

That's the opposite of what most people are trying to do.

If the overhead is negligible, you may not care much of shipping all the
assets in one binary package, of which the user will only see a part, but
other applications might prefer to save some space if they contain many
assets.

However, the main thing that motivated me to dig into the issue and send the
mail was libsailfishapp. That library is, AFAIK, only relevant on Sailfish,
and also requires one to add special code in main(). That can't be done at
runtime (well, you could do it I think, but you really don't want to, given
that you already have to set a special binary name, for example, and it
complicates things for no reason).

Other features like screen size, language, etc. Of course you want to do it at
runtime. But note that the default +android, +blackberry directories that
QFileSelector knows about should work out of the box with plain Qt. See for
example:

https://github.com/qtproject/qtbase/blob/8ee7aa78afd3d3dee6e333953d51aa72cb227441/src/corelib/io/qfileselector.cpp#L349-386

This can still be added to the QQmlFileSelector of the engine through
libsailfishapp, so I think I'll send a pull request anyways.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) | GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2