[SailfishDevel] SailfishOS as an OS/platform in Qt

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at gmail.com
Sat Dec 6 21:01:34 UTC 2014

On Dec 6, 2014 8:30 PM, "Lorn Potter" <lorn.potter at jolla.com> wrote:

> On 5 Dec 2014, at 2:38 am, Alejandro Exojo <suy at badopi.org> wrote:
>

> > Then I searched a bit in the branch of the mer-qt/qtbase repo. I see
you don't
> > use any mkspec for SailfishOS or Jolla, right? That's where I thought
you
> > might have it, and where I think it could be. Blackberry sets there the
> > QMAKE_PLATFORM and Q_OS_BLACKBERRY.
>
> Tizen also and their own branch even.
>
> There are also quite a few other devices that have their own mkspec, so
there is precedence for supporting a sailfish/jolla platform mkspec.

> ~/depot/qt/qt5/qtbase/mkspecs/devices $ [tizen]> ls
> blackberry-playbook-armle-v7-qcc/       linux-archos-gen8-g++/
      linux-beagleboard-g++/
linux-mipsel-broadcom-97425-g++/        linux-snowball-g++/
> blackberry-playbook-armv7le-qcc/        linux-arm-amlogic-8726M-g++/
      linux-g++-tizen/                        linux-rasp-pi-g++/
          linux-tegra2-g++/
> blackberry-playbook-x86-qcc/            linux-arm-hisilicon-hix5hd2-g++/
      linux-imx53qsb-g++/                     linux-sh4-stmicro-ST7108-g++/
> common/                                 linux-arm-trident-pnx8473-g++/
      linux-imx6-g++/                         linux-sh4-stmicro-ST7540-g++/

> > Yes, yes. I know there is a solution: pass a parameter to the qmake
> > invocation. Store the invocation flag on the RPM packaging for final
> > deployment, and maybe a .pro.shared file for development. That's what
Puzzle
> > Master has now too. Still I think there is some value in having this
sorted
> > out in a more general way, specially given that you'll want people to
also
> > distinguish a build for the Jolla phone or the Jolla tablet.
> >
> Well, this one is easy. Tablet isn't arm based. :)

Actually, no, you want to detect features at runtime, not at build time.