[SailfishDevel] Wrap data in Item to get notifiable properties ?

François K. daitheflu at free.fr
Tue Dec 2 09:31:46 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm writing a small app for SailfishOS in JS + QML (I don't know C++ so please don't tell me to do this in C++).

I'm getting data from LocalStorage and hence get a Javascript Object with its own properties. Let's call it myObj.
Then I bind some field in a view to these properties :

    DetailItem {
        label: qsTr("MyProp")
        value: myObj.myProp
    }

Now, if I update myObj.myProp, the value of the DetailItem doesn't get updated.
For what I understand, this is normal because the properties of my Javascript Object (myObj) aren't notifiable and thus, QML doesn't know it has been updated.

To fix this, I wonder if it's OK to wrap my JS object into a QML Item. This would give me notifiables properties and would certainly allow me to get working bindings.

What do you think about this ? Is it OK ?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Best wishes,

--
François