[SailfishDevel] Elevating process privileges?

sfietkonstantin at free.fr sfietkonstantin at free.fr
Thu Aug 7 07:47:58 UTC 2014

Hi Michal,

Depending on what you want to do, there are several ways. Using sudo or su might be quite clumsy, especially su, where you need to have the user entering the root password. sudo can be used if you add in /etc/sudoers.d/ and install sudo, that requires mer-tools repo to be enabled IIRC.

The best way to gain privileges is (in my opinion), to write a system daemon that will be invoked via DBus and runs as root. It do not mess with sudo etc, and works rather well for many cases. Example of code in https://github.com/sailfishos-patches/patchmanager/tree/master/src/daemon.

Regards,
Lucien