[SailfishDevel] Is support for commercial apps a TABOO subject?

Martin Grimme martin.grimme at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 11:13:43 UTC 2014

> But about payment how to avoid pirate copying? Would Jolla be responsible if
>
> your work is pirated since SailfishOS has no copy protection because of its
>
> nature of "open platform". Would endusers stop use Jolla if they start
> implement copyprotection or similar silly solutions?

this is a valid point, and you basically answered the question yourself already.
The bits and pieces for payment support are not there yet.

But for the time being, I suppose no one would stop you from going the
shareware way with unlocking features via a paid registration key
directly from the author (cryptographically tied to the IMEI, for
example).

Martin