[SailfishDevel] Two prolblems: #1 Telepathy qt5 and #2 OpenSSL

Kalle Vahlman kalle.vahlman at movial.com
Thu Apr 17 05:15:55 UTC 2014

> Hello all.
> I'm trying to port my application from Maemo/Harmattan to Sailfish.
>
> Problem 1:
> One of the dependencies is telepathy-qt.
> In Maemo/Harmattan this used to be installable/searchable as
> "telepathy-qt4-devel"
>
> From what I understand, in Sailfish, I'm supposed to use telepathy-qt5.
> I ssh'd into the mersdk VM and did a "sudo zypper install telepathy-qt5"
> As I had assumed, this doesn't install it into the sb2 environment of course.

It does install it to the sdk, however...

> I added a "PKGCONFIG += TelepathyQt5" to my pro file (found out from Google).
> However that didn't work either.

...if you want to use it for compilation you need the
telepathy-qt5-devel package. And no need to ssh in the vm, just go to
the SailfishOS -> Targets tab, click on manage for the desired
target(s), search for telepathy and install the telepathy-qt5-devel
package (and whatever else you need).

> I then entered the sb2 environment and tried to install telepathy-qt5.
> This too didn't work: No root privileges.

If you really want to do this, add -R to sb2 command line. It will
*appear* to give you root privileges. But as said, you don't need sb2
for this task.

> Problem 2:
> Based on more Googling, I figured out that Sailfish does NOT provide
> its own openssl library and expects users to use the statically
> compiled version on their own.

It certainly does *include* openssl library as the heartbleed bug was
a part of the recent release :)

Which google hit might have suggested otherwise?

--
Kalle Vahlman, Movial Creative Technologies Inc.
Porkkalankatu 20, FI-00180 Helsinki