[SailfishDevel] Two prolblems: #1 Telepathy qt5 and #2 OpenSSL

Yuvraaj Kelkar yuvraaj at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 23:15:31 UTC 2014

Hello all.
I'm trying to port my application from Maemo/Harmattan to Sailfish.

Problem 1:
One of the dependencies is telepathy-qt.
In Maemo/Harmattan this used to be installable/searchable as
"telepathy-qt4-devel"

>From what I understand, in Sailfish, I'm supposed to use telepathy-qt5.
I ssh'd into the mersdk VM and did a "sudo zypper install telepathy-qt5"
As I had assumed, this doesn't install it into the sb2 environment of course.

I added a "PKGCONFIG += TelepathyQt5" to my pro file (found out from Google).
However that didn't work either.

I then entered the sb2 environment and tried to install telepathy-qt5.
This too didn't work: No root privileges.

What do I have to do to be able to use libtelepathy-qt5 ?

Problem 2:
Based on more Googling, I figured out that Sailfish does NOT provide
its own openssl library and expects users to use the statically
compiled version on their own.

I have since then gotten the non-heartbleed openssl, compiled it in
sailfish sb2 for static compilation and managed to link it against my
app.

The question is is this really the correct way to use the openssl library?
It seems.... unfriendly.

I really hope the answer to #1 isn't "compile it yourself and use it".
I can do that, but then I'm not sure thats the right way of doing
things...

Thanks,
Uv