[SailfishDevel] [Minutes][FollowUp] A kickoff meeting about SailfishOS, open source, collaboration, way forward @ 15 April, 15:00 UTC

Filip Kłębczyk fklebczyk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 07:47:43 UTC 2014

W dniu 15.04.2014 18:40, "Thomas B. Rücker" pisze:
> Hi,
>
> thanks to everyone for the great discussion. It was a pleasure to chair it.
> Without further ado, here are the meeting minutes:
>
> Minutes:
> http://merproject.org/meetings/mer-meeting/2014/mer-meeting.2014-04-15-15.00.html
> Minutes (text):
> http://merproject.org/meetings/mer-meeting/2014/mer-meeting.2014-04-15-15.00.txt
> Log:
> http://merproject.org/meetings/mer-meeting/2014/mer-meeting.2014-04-15-15.00.log.html
>
> For follow up discussion just answer to this email/thread.
>
> The next meeting will be at2014-04-22T15:00 UTC.
> Invitation and topics will be posted separately.
>
> Thanks again

Thank you all for making this meeting to happen - I think it was
fruitful discussion.

Though, I have one serious, technical/organizational point. I don't
understand why time from topic 3.3 was taken - it was supposed to last
16:26 UTC, but ended 16:12 despite there were still discussants. For
example what I was expressing was cut by tbr announcing 3.4 and it
landed partly in 3.4. For me personally topic 3.3 was very, very
important, as much as 3.2 for example. Also I didn't like the fact, that
not related topics were brought in 3.3. It's all clearly seen in the logs:
http://merproject.org/meetings/mer-meeting/2014/mer-meeting.2014-04-15-15.00.log.html

I know there might be less or more comfortable topics for someone or
topic might be not important, but cutting discussion in the middle is
not ok and not fair.

SOLUTION:
Therefore I propose not cutting time of topic if there is still at least
one person that wants to say something and continue discussion or
discussion is still happening.

Also another remark - if there are large chunks of text like:
https://together.jolla.com/question/39552/what-is-the-participation-and-contribution-policy-for-jollas-open-source-contributors-in-open-source-projects/

there should be e-mail on mailing list, before meeting, that such thing
appeared, so all discussants have time to read it. How that looks, when
link to such document is pasted on the beginning of 3.3 and that part of
discussion gets time cut I think everyone can judge by himself.

Personally I wouldn't even spot it if Morpog_PC didn't paste it on the
IRC channel some time before the meeting, that such document appeared.

Regards,
Filip