[SailfishDevel] SailfishOS SDK April update available tomorrow.
jarko.vihriala at jolla.com
Tue Apr 15 18:36:48 UTC 2014
Tomorrow (16 April) at 10:00 UTC we will publish new installers, and package repositories for our Sailfish OS SDK version Alpha-1404-Qt5. Please note that links in this email are updated at that time as well.
We apologise for the long delay between the SDK updates. We had to completely recreate our SDK production environment before being able to release an update. This took longer than expected and is the main reason for the delay.
If you already have an existing Alpha-Qt5 SDK installed you should see the Updates Available icon in Qt Creator. If you don't have a previous SDK installation you can get the latest installer from http://www.sailfishos.org. It is recommended to uninstall the old SDK and download a new installer.
SDK content has been updated to match Jolla Release 22.214.171.124. Please see below for detailed information of the changed items.
A couple of things you should be aware of:
- Like before, in this update the build engine, emulator and targets are re-installed so you will lose all changes you may have made in those - however, if your application packaging is done correctly, rebuilding your projects should reinstall the packages you have been using.
- All customization done to SDK (adding new package repositories, adding custom targets, additional source paths) will be removed during the installation process so make your own backup of those before starting the update.
- If you import existing projects made with a previous version of the Sailfish OS SDK, make sure you select the correct kit in the project configuration step. Both ARM and i486 kits are available.
- Windows users need to install VC10 runtime from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=8328 or the Installer will ask for admin rights during installation.
- Package repository contents have been updated and consequently using a previous SDK version with these package repositories is not supported.
- For more information, please see the SDK Alpha-Qt5 known issues list at: https://sailfishos.org/wiki/SDK_Alpha_Qt5_Known_Issues.
- Oldest Mac OS X supported is now 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion). Other supported platforms can be found from: https://sailfishos.org/alpha_qt5_sdk_release_notes.html
Here is a summary of changes:
SDK IDE (Qt Creator)
- Crash fixes on OS X
- Yaml editor removed from Qt Creator and yaml files are presented as plain text
- Alternate projects folder can be changed from Mer settings page
- Better path handling for shared directories in Windows
- Updated Sailfish template project
- Handle errors in project build/deploy phase more gracefully
- Debugging with GDB from Qt Creator works with the Emulator and the Device
- Tooltips are displayed for Virtual Machine statuses
- Add changelog to your RPM with a .changes file
SDK Control Center:
- Improved Targets management page
- Clean build targets are available for download via the Targets page (pre-configured targets)
- Easily install/remove multiple packages from a specific target
- Updates page has a "Check for updates now" button
- Added Harbour tools page with RPM validator tool
- Better VirtualBox version checking. Lowest version supported is v4.0
- Install virtual machines using correct VirtualBox version specific parameters
- Handle empty alternate projects folder setting
- Install Sailfish template project as a package making it easier to update
- Display Sailfish logo on Mac installer
- MerSDK no longer directly uses User's home directory, but mounts it as /home/mersdk/share/ inside the virtual machine
- User's home directory is no longer polluted with a .scratchbox2 folder
- Shared mounts are mounted with correct access rights
- Default i486 target renamed to SailfishOS-i486
- Rework documentation packaging
- Applications can be removed from the Emulator's home screen by long-clicking on the application icon, just like it is done on the phone.
If you have any questions, you can either send email to this mailing list: devel at lists.sailfishos.org or write it up in http://together.jolla.com and tag your issue with 'sdk'.
Jolla SDK Team.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Devel