[SailfishDevel] A kickoff meeting about SailfishOS, open source, collaboration, way forward @ 15 April, 15:00 UTC

Filip Kłębczyk fklebczyk at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 08:15:41 UTC 2014

W dniu 11.04.2014 11:41, Carsten Munk pisze:

> I have been working to make a proposal for agenda (note: this is my
> proposal, not set in stone, but I think it is time to make one) - you
> can add/propose changes/change at http://piratepad.net/SailfishOSSMeeting
>
> We have limited time and I think it's possible to dedicate time every
> two weeks to have a sync meeting. We have so many topics to discuss and
> limited amount of time.
>
> Agenda:
>
> Focus on generating action points to be undertaken and discussing
> problems and issues which would constructively lead to solutions.
>
> 1. Introductions of participants in meeting [something about you and why
> you're here] - 10 min
>
> 2. When's next meeting: Regular meetings every two weeks around the
> project? - 5 min
>
> 3. How to make contributing to Nemo/Mer easier [big topic] - 1 min
> introduction
> 3.1: Current problems and situation, potential solutions [20 min open
> floor discussion]

It seems giving 20 minutes for such imporant and essential part is
clearly not enough. There should be at least 30 minutes as there are
many points/problems to report.

> 3.2: Solution proposal: Merge Mer and Nemo middleware [2 min intro + 10
> min discussion] [suggested intro holder: Stskeeps/Carsten Munk?]

I think this point should go away from agenda. First of all the topic is
affecting those at mer-general and as expressed by some people already
that shouldn't be a topic only for people here (unless we assume that
Mer is Jolla property and different vendors have nothing to say on that
matter). Secondly in my opinion the topic should be held on separate
meeting as it was proposed earlier - putting too many topics at once
might make whole meeting discussion blurry. I think the main point of
the whole meeting is problem with development process parts that in
opinion of community should happen in the open, not about merges.

I'm strongly against putting this topic.

> 3.3: Solution proposal: Minimal/practical openness requirements and
> process for open source components in Mer/Nemo/SailfishOS [5 min intro +
> 15 min discussion] - such as dedicated/listed maintainers/owners, etc.
> [suggested intro holder: w00t/Robin Burchell?]

That's very important topic, clearly connected with 3.1.

> 3.6 Action proposal: Participation and contribution policy for Jolla's
> open source contributors in open source projects [5 min intro, 15 min
> discussion]  (Carol?)

Valid topic.

> 3.8 Wrap-up and finalize action points
>
> For next meeting(s):

Mer and Nemo merge should be added for those.

> 0. Chum and such [bad summary, but tbr's topic suggested]
> 1 Specific issue: Closed bits of SailfishOS - why/where/how and relation
> to open source parts
> 2: Plans on SailfishOS for Android [10 min intro, 15 min discussion]
> x: Communication and transparency
> x.1: Current problems and situation [20 min open floor]
> x.2: At-meeting solution proposals [20 min open floor]

Regards,
Filip