[SailfishDevel] A kickoff meeting about SailfishOS, open source, collaboration, way forward @ 15 April, 15:00 UTC

Carsten Munk carsten.munk at jolla.com
Fri Apr 4 16:00:52 UTC 2014

Hi,

There has been a lot of discussion surrounding SailfishOS, the open
source parts of it (incl. middleware within Mer and Nemo Mobile project)
and collaboration methods/practices -- and that we can do better than
how things are today.

My proposal is that we all meet in #mer-meeting on irc.freenode.net at
15th April 2014, at 15:00 UTC for 1 1/2 hours at least and get a proper
constructive conversation going on and end with action points for us all.

The focus point is about the SailfishOS stack's current open source
components and how we can improve the experience of contributing,
communicating regarding and participating in them as well as encouraging
this.

The state today of that isn't as good as it can be and it can be a very
confusing experience to try to contribute to SailfishOS on a code level.
This is something we can make better together.

Best regards,
Carsten Munk
Chief Research Engineer @ Jolla