[SailfishDevel] Python & Qt5 (PyOtherSide / PyQt)

Martin Kolman martin.kolman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 18:00:06 UTC 2013

30.9.2013 16:15, Roberto Colistete Jr.:
> About PyQt5 on Mer/Sailfish, I think it is worth to : help porting
> many PyQt4/PyQt5 softwares from PC and Maemo 4 & 5; have all Qt5
> functions in Python. More programming options -> more softwares on
> Mer/Sailfish. 8-)
I would second that. While I think at least in my case, PyOtherSide &
Python backend should be able to cover all what is needed for my modRana
and Mieru Sailfish ports, I think there might be some use-cases where
all the various Qt class wrappings provided by PyQt might be useful.
Stuff like XML/JSON parsing, network access manager, Qt resources,
QObject, signals & slots, QWidget, QThread, QtSerialPort, etc.