[SailfishDevel] SDK without VirtualBox

Lucien XU sfietkonstantin at free.fr
Mon Sep 16 10:54:40 UTC 2013

Hello !

It is technically possible to use other virtualization software, but it is not
supported. The installer checks if VBox is installed because it needs to
configure VBox to add the new virtual machines.

If you want, you can try with other virtualization softwares, but you have to install
virtualbox to complete the installation, then remove it and play with the vdis and
settings.

Good luck with it, and if you succeded in using (eg) KVM, please do a blog post
or a wiki post (assuming SailfishOS.org wiki is writeable, but I'm not sure about
it anymore) about how you managed to do it.

Cheers,
Lucien