[SailfishDevel] SDK without VirtualBox

Pali Rohár pali.rohar at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 10:39:56 UTC 2013

Hello,

I tried to install SDK on linux, but it show me this error:

You need a working VirtualBox installation. Please download it
from www.virtualbox.org, install it and then rerun this
installer.

Why it is not possible to use any other virtualization software
(e.g. KVM)? I think that VirtualBox is needed only for running
x86 disk image (where is build env). If this is true, than using
any other virtualization tool can be possible. But now installer
refuse to do anything if VirtualBox is missing in system (even
unpack data from installer).

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar at gmail.com