[SailfishDevel] Installing packages to the SDK and Emulator via the rpm/yaml file

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Thu Oct 31 09:28:01 UTC 2013

Thomas

Thank you for helpful answer.

I had pretty much understood the benefits of PkgConfig, which is why I
was keen to use PkgConfigBR to install packages to the SDK.

However thinking more deeply this may not be possible for all
packages. If the .pc files that PkgConfig uses are "mainly" in the
devel packages, then PkgConfigBR can only be used to install devel
packages (and those they depend on in turn). For instance it could not
normally be used to install qml declarative-import packages.

I suppose that makes sense - the declarative-import packages are not
actually required to build (though QtCreator won't recognise the QML
components without), whereas devel packages are truly required to
build C++ stuff.

For example:

PkgConfigBR : Qt5Positioning
can be used to install:

qt5-qtpositioning-devel
qt5-qtpositioning

but there is no PkgConfigBR that will install
qt5-qtdeclarative-import-positioning

ciao

Chris