[SailfishDevel] Updated emulator in SailfishOS SDK available
jarko.vihriala at jolla.com
Wed Oct 30 14:37:34 UTC 2013
The nasty bad hash issue hit us as our service cloud did not update all files. We fixed that and improved process there so it should not hit us again.
Sorry for the inconvenience ; updates should be fully operational now.
by the way, if use IRC we can be reached from #sailfishos on FreeNode.
From: Jarko Vihriala
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 12:03 PM
To: devel at lists.sailfishos.org
Subject: Updated emulator in SailfishOS SDK available
Like it was disclosed earlier, the SailfishOS Emulator had a bug that it would not refresh its package repositories. If you were required to install new packages to it, it would eventually fail on RPM deployment.
Now there is a fixed version available. We have uploaded an updated emulator to the SDK repository. The new emulator bears the label '2013.10.28-0' and the old one was '2013.10.18-0'.
As always you should shut down all VMs before starting the update.
This means that your Qt Creator should pick up the update and you should see 'Updates' icon in Qt Creator's ui, here's how to proceed with update:
1. click update icon (or run updater from toolbar), sdk maintenance tool will open
2. sdk maintenance tool should be set up already for the update action, click next.
3. you should see that the current emulator version is 2013.10.18-0 and it's going to be updated, click next
4. click update to proceed. sdk maintenance tool downloads the new emulator and installs it.
5. once it's completed, click finish. You now have the new emulator installed.
Here's the release note for this update:
* when emulator boots, it refreshes its package repositories with pkcon refresh and thus is then capable to retrieve package dependencies from sailfishos.org.
Any other component:
* no changes.
If you encounter any issues, please report them to Sailfish developers mailing list at devel at lists.sailfishos.org
Jolla Sailfish SDK Team
More information about the Devel