[SailfishDevel] How to get GPS Location in QML (after installing QtPositioning packages to targets and emulator)

tw_bolek tw_bolek at op.pl
Wed Oct 30 07:08:59 UTC 2013

Success, at last.   Installing qtpositioning packages to both targets (using SDK Control Center), to the SDK (using zypper) and to the emulator (using zypper) finally did the job. It finally works and application can be deployed to the emulator "by copying binaries" and without any modifications.

The only question remaining is:  if I deploy to an .rpm package rather than directly to the emulator, how can I then install the rpm file to the emulator?

Once again, many thanks Chris for your help.

Bolek