[SailfishDevel] How to get GPS Location in QML (after installing QtPositioning packages to targets and emulator)

tw_bolek tw_bolek at op.pl
Wed Oct 30 02:42:28 UTC 2013

OK, so I did the following:

- Using SDK Control Center I installed to both targets: qt5-qtpositioning, qt5-qtpositioning-devel, qt5-qtdeclarative-import-positioning

- using zypper I installed to the Emulator the following: qt5-qtpositioning, qt5-qtdeclarative-import-positioning

Did the sync, resetted QML code model in Qt Creator.

Now Qt Creator recognizes QtPositioning 5.0 import and shows it normally (in black color) like other imports.  So far so good.....

BUT.... if I deploy to the emulator "by copying binaries" I still get an error message about missing libQt5Location.so.5 ....  but WHY? I did install qt5-qtpositioning to the emulator and to the x86 target so the library should be there...

----

OK, so I also added all those packages to the .yaml file's  PkgBR: section.    It does generate an .rpm package of my application.

Now the question is:  HOW DO I INSTALL that rpm file (my application) to the emulator to and how do I launch it?

Thanks,
Bolek