[SailfishDevel] SSH after update : IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY! Error

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Fri Oct 25 05:59:33 UTC 2013

Hi All

If, after the SDK update, you get the following errors when SSHing to
the Emulator or SDK VMs read on.

apple-pip:abstractui christopherlamb$ ssh -p 2223  -i
~/.ssh/mer-qt-creator-rsa  nemo at localhost

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@    WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!     @
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
It is also possible that a host key has just been changed.
The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is
83:7e:fe:55:2a:dc:22:e7:69:dc:fb:6c:a3:bd:5c:2d.
Add correct host key in /Users/christopherlamb/.ssh/known_hosts to get
rid of this message.
Offending RSA key in /Users/christopherlamb/.ssh/known_hosts:8
RSA host key for [localhost]:2223 has changed and you have requested
strict checking.
Host key verification failed.
apple-pip:abstractui christopherlamb$ zypper se
-bash: zypper: command not found

The solution is very easy, but it is one of those that always has me
for scratching my head for a few minutes trying to remember how I last
did this:

Find the know_hosts file in ./ssh

Make a back up copy of the file

 From the original, remove the two entries starting with: