[SailfishDevel] Start learning for sailfish

FIlip Kłębczyk fklebczyk at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 19:49:58 UTC 2013

W dniu 24.10.2013 19:57, Manohar Peswani pisze:
> Hello everyone,
>
>                    I am an Android developer for a long time and have a
> very good knowledge in Java programming. But now I want to start
> developing for sailfish. I don't have much knowledge about C++ and qml
> but I am willing to learn all these. One think which stopping me from
> learning app development for sailfish is that Sailfish OS run  Android
> apps as they are, I mean AFAIK Android app will run as they are in
> sailfish OS then why I should learn all these? Please clear my doubt.

Writing a native Sailfish app will allow your app to have better UX and
best integration with the platform. So the interface will be more
familiar to users, because of similar look'n'feel like other Sailfish
apps. Besides app written in C++ should be faster then Java (Android)
based one.

Btw. have a look at this helpful cheet sheet if you are beginning with
Sailfish development:
https://github.com/Dolphinaric/dolphinaric_courses/blob/master/Sailfish_development/lab/Silica_graphical_reference.pdf?raw=true

Regards,
Filip