[SailfishDevel] SailfishOS SDK update available today.
jarko.vihriala at jolla.com
Tue Oct 22 11:17:51 UTC 2013
Today 13:00 UTC we will publish new installers and repositories for our SailfishOS SDK, Alpha-Qt5-update2 to be exact.
If you have Alpha-Qt5 you should see updates available icon in Qt Creator. If you don't have SailfishOS SDK installed, you can get the latest installers from www.sailfishos.org.
This update is a major step before the launch of the Jolla device as it brings ARM package building to developers.
A couple of things you should be aware of:
- In this update the build engine, emulator and targets are re-installed so you will lose any changes you may have made in those - however, if your application packaging is done correctly, rebuilding your projects should reinstall the packages you have been using.
- All customizations done to SDK (adding new zypper repositories, adding custom targets, additional source paths) will be removed during installation process so make your own backup of those before starting the update.
- If you import existing project made with a previous version of the SailfishOS SDK, make sure you select the correct kit in project configuration step. Both ARM and i486 kits will now be available.
- Windows users need to install VC10 runtime from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=8328 or Installer will ask for admin rights during installation.
- For more information, please see SDK Alpha-Qt5 known issues list at: https://sailfishos.org/wiki/SDK_Alpha_Qt5_Known_Issues
Update itself is performed like the previous one using SDK Maintenance tool with three following steps:
1. maintenance tool itself is updated first. In SailfishOS SDK IDE click on help->start updater->next->next->Update
2. maintenance tool needs to restarted to update the rest of the SDK, click Restart on the UI.
3. once updater has restarted, it asks for the next action, just click Next to proceed ('Update components' is selected by default). Updater lists all the items that are being updated, click Next->Update to proceed.
Here's the release note for this update:
SailfishOS SDK IDE:
* Qt Creator updated to 2.8.1 version.
* Building RPM packages for ARM target is introduced. This is done by selecting ARM kit and running deployment. Deployment to real ARM devices is not supported yet.
* MerSDK VM starts without UI (if MerSDK is to be accessed, UI can be activated from tools->options->mer menu)
* If MerSDK VM is running when Qt Creator is shut down - a prompt is displayed to close it.
* QML profiling is enabled.
* SailfishOS application template is updated. The current template does not have so-called boilerplate and is easier to use.
* SailfishOS application examples are updated to build with the latest template.
SDK Maintenance Tool:
* Whole installer framework is based on version 1.4.
* bug fixes, no new functionality.
* Documentations are updated with latest available versions.
* Support for ARM target introduced
* Support to deploy to emulator using PackageKit
* Lots of fixes to build toolchain.
* Emulator is built from updated Jolla baseline.
* QML profiling support introduced.
* Bug in QML debugging fixed.
* Emulator screen size matches the upcoming Jolla phone.
* Application icon texts are displayed when application grid is pushed up.
* ARM target introduced.
* Both i486 and ARM target builds done on updated Jolla baseline.
If you encounter any issues, please report them to Sailfish developers mailing list at devel at lists.sailfishos.org
Jolla Sailfish SDK Team
More information about the Devel