[SailfishDevel] Troubles with the SDK

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 11:04:05 UTC 2013

Hi everybody,
I have been tinkering with the SDK to start porting my N9/N900 utility
to sailfishos, and I have hit a few stumbling blocks...

- first one: the QtCreator has stopped building my work, it now answer
with "connection refused" every time I try to build.
  I have tried to follow suggestions that originated from this list,
but with no improvements... And the strange thing is that I can login
with ssh to the build machine, and I also manage to build using mb2
make. Any suggestion about this?
- second: My application uses the Location and WebKit packages in the
Qt4 version, and I have added the corresponding packages to the sdk;
the includes are found correctly, but the libraries are not linked.
Should I just add some -l flag there, or is there a cleaner way?

I am using the webkit library mostly to extract the information I need
from a web service; I suppose this should be changed to a regexp based
scanning to reduce dependencies on QtWigets/QtWebKitWidgets, but I
would prefer to do that after I have a QML/Silica gui in place.

Thank you in advance,
Luciano

--
Luciano Montanaro

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on
no account be allowed to do the job. -- Douglas Adams