[SailfishDevel] Cannot launch app by clicking app icon in emulator

Stockona stockona at ovi.com
Sun Nov 17 07:20:44 UTC 2013

My app launches fine when deployed by QtCreator. But clicking the app icon in emulator only showed a cover with "Loading" label, then the app died silently. I took a look at jolla-settings.desktop and didn't understand what was wrong.

My .desktop looks like this

>[Desktop Entry]
>Type=Application
>Name=Stockona
>Icon=/usr/share/icons/stockona.png
>Exec=invoker --type=silica-qt5 -s /usr/bin/stockona
>Comment=Sailfish UI application

For comparison, jolla-settings.desktop is

>[Desktop Entry]
>Type=Application
>Name=Settings

>Exec=invoker --single-instance --type=silica-qt5 -s /usr/bin/jolla-settings

In both cases, I could not launch the apps by typing the exec command in terminal.

Help please?