[SailfishDevel] Double-tap detection

Artem Marchenko artem.marchenko at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 14:58:02 UTC 2013

Hi All

Has anybody tried intercepting double taps in the Jolla app?
I tried it on simulator (using MouseArea onDoubleClicked) and I swear I saw
double clicks happening a couple of times, but then I've lost it.

I tried playing with preventStealing and propagateComposedEvents, didn't
help. Sure I can implement my own timer based double click detection, but..
that's somehow wrong, double clicks should work in just a MouseArea.

- Am I missing something very basic?
- Or is it just an emulator issue (maybe Mac + virtualbox somehow eat
second clicks on the way)?

It would be real great if somebody could run a small throwaway demo on a
real device or at least on a non-Mac simulator and tell if it works.

Just build and run app from here, it's just one screen with logs right on
screen, I promise :)
https://github.com/amarchen/throwaway-trials-sailfish/tree/double-click-testing

Best regards,
Artem.

P.S.
If you wonder why I want doubletaps at all, I find it a convenient way for
locking-unlocking app input for the app that well, should avoid reacting to
accidental input sometimes.

--
Artem Marchenko
http://agilesoftwaredevelopment.com