[SailfishDevel] Jolla Harbour and Jolla Store

Michal Jerz info at my-jolla.com
Fri Nov 8 22:37:49 UTC 2013

> indeed it's better that the hour is spent to provide better
> apps for Sailfish than to do some freaky copy-protection,
> finally broken by some talented hacker

Let's not exaggerate. I don't think that making the copy-protection stuff
would be such a permanent and lengthy process that otherwise that time would
be sufficient to make a multitude of "better apps" for Sailfish.

I think the Jolla guys have already proved their skills by making THE WHOLE
platform (and such a great one) and designing hardware for it within A YEAR,
so let's not doubt that the copy-protection stuff won't engage the whole
team for months while ceasing all other activities for that :-) Based on
what they've done so far, I believe they're able to deliver BOTH - it
doesn't seem to be MUTUALLY EXCLUSIVE ;-)

Let's just trust a little bit more in that they know what they're doing and
that they'll do it right. Ronni said (twice) that root access will NOT be
compromised by the copy-protection, so why worry, and what's there to lose
by those who are not interested in the copy-protection other than simply
having to IGNORE it?

And I don't really follow the argument that a protection doesn't make sense
if it can be potentially broken. Or else ANY protection wouldn't make sense,
including those that take care about unauthorized access to private
information on your phone, remotely using your camera and microphone, and so
on, as ALL of them CAN potentially be broken, too.

Call me boring with the door lock example, but why did you waste money on it
if "a skilled person can easily break it"? ;-)

Michal