[SailfishDevel] Jolla Harbour and Jolla Store

Martin Grimme martin.grimme at gmail.com
Wed Nov 6 17:26:00 UTC 2013

Hi,

2013/11/6, 郭云鹤 <guoyunhebrave at gmail.com>:
> i think every app should be independent. apps' dependence caused many
> problems.

I think the same. While having deps and libraries and everything is
cool from a Linuxer's point of view, it will give a bad user
experience and just cry for breaking things when updating the OS or
other apps.

You can either try to get the library into Nemo, or include it in your
package or link to it statically. Those few kbytes wasted by this
approach should be no real problem, but worth it, if it improves the
user's experience and happiness with Sailfish devices.

I remember people crying they could not update their N900 because of
some library dependencies. Don't let this happen again.
1337 Linux h4x0rz in need of obscure libs and stuff will always find a
workaround to fulfill their needs, e.g. with 3rd party repositories.
:)

Keep in mind that Sailfish wants to be attractive to regular users and
user experience should be highly valued.

My 2 cents,
Martin