[SailfishDevel] SectionScroller QML Component

Ruediger Gad r.c.g at gmx.de
Tue Jun 18 20:15:29 UTC 2013

Here are some snippets that had been originally posted to the meego
forum: http://forum.meego.com/showthread.php?t=4600
Unfortunately, the forum is down and so is the original source.

Luckily, I have the code still in some of my projects, e.g.:
https://github.com/ruedigergad/meepasswords/blob/master/qml/common/FastScroll.qml
https://github.com/ruedigergad/meepasswords/blob/master/qml/common/FastScroll.js

The original version is from a meego forum user with nick "ph5".
This version was changed by me in order to remove dependencies to
com.nokia.meego and thus can be used with "plain" QML.

Note that my version (the QML file) depends on two properties:
primaryFontSize and primaryBorderSize, which should be defined in some
parent widget.
Plus, my version uses a user defined option in order to allow the scroll
bar be placed left or right. Look for settingsAdapter.fastScrollAnchor
in the QML file.

With respect to licensing: the original author posted this code without
any license or copyright information. So, my assumption is that this is
some sort of "public domain" or "use as-is" case.

hth,

Ruediger