[SailfishDevel] Silica Button QML Element

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Sun Jun 2 13:17:20 UTC 2013

Hi Michael

Thanks for your input.

I also now think it is by design - especially the transparent bit /
glassy bit.

I have stumbled across a Sailfish demo showing all their controls.

This demo had several small buttons next to one another, and they
looked "okish".

But on my app, which has very big idiot-proof buttons stretching
across the screen, the Silica Button looks like a pile of the steaming
proverbial ....

For this use case the BackgroundItem actually works well, and keeps
the Silica glassy look. (A clickable text on a glassy background).

In the Harmattan version of my app I used button background colour to
reinforce the use of the button (green for normal, red for emergencies
only). With BackgroundItem I can do the same with the Label Color, and
the result also looks cool (in my case)

1000 grazie

Chris