[SailfishDevel] QtLocation/Positioning Simulator plugin on Emulator

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Sun Dec 29 16:36:21 UTC 2013

Hi All

In a thread I started yesterday titled "Boosted process (pid=721) was
terminated due to signal 11" I reported that my app was crashing on
calling startUpdates on a (missing) satelliteSource.

Further investigations indicate that this is because on the emulator
there is no valid QGeoPositionInfoSourceFactory plugin with a
satellite data source available.

Having poked around with the source examples on my development host,
and goggled, I found this:

https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qtlocation/source/9f58f8cbf859b2bc7225ee8e0c841200c72e47b4:src/plugins/position/simulator/

This would appear to be a simulator plugin, which should provide
Position and Satellite info.

Has anyone experimented with this on the Sailfish Emulator? Presumably
a separate app (GUI / Commandline) is required to feed it data,
perhaps like the one from the Nokia Simulator:

http://doc.qt.digia.com/qtsimulator-1.1/simulator-location.html

Thanks

Chris