[SailfishDevel] PkCon on Emulator: Empty Reply from Server

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Sun Dec 29 16:14:46 UTC 2013

Hi Andrey

Thanks

I had been meaning to set the language to English - I am quite happy
with German, but for posting errors English is the Lingua Franca ..8-)

Pinging http://releases.sailfishos.org

from my development host gets me:

ping: cannot resolve http://releases.sailfishos.org: Unknown host

Indeed pinging any http:// address gives unknown host.

But pinging releases.sailfishos.org does resolve.

I will try from work again tomorrow (different network).

As a partial answer to my own question:

echo nameserver 8.8.8.8 > /etc/resolv.conf

sets the Emulator DNS to be a google public DNS:

https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/docs/using

Thanks

Chris