[SailfishDevel] [SPAM] Re: Does Sailfish support PyQt5?

Jens Persson xerxes2 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 23:00:52 UTC 2013

As I said I built PyQt with Python2 because it's the default in Sailfish
today. If Sailfish-1.0 is about to switch to Python3 then I will also do
that, simple as that. But today Python2 is the default and that's why I
built PyQt with 2 and not 3. Python 2 and 3 can happily live side by side
but someone has to make the packages and it's not gonna be me so that's why
I use what's already available. The same goes for Gstreamer, I would rather
use 1.x but 0.10 is the default in Sailfish today and that's what I'm using
too.

Greets Jens