[SailfishDevel] Fwd: Re: Re: How to get contacts and sms through Qt(C++)

Seppo Tiainen seppo.tiainen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 25 11:40:27 UTC 2013

Hi,

I just tested SMS transmission by QML by using method
Qt.openUrlExternally("sms:01234567444" + "?body=" + "bodytext") on my Jolla
device with OS version 1.0.1.12, sending to my N9.

It seems to work fine but there is a danger with it too: You cannot see to
whom the message is going. The is no indication of the contact or the
recipient tel.number visible. So, when you press enter to finally send the
SMS, you just have to trust that the application is not going to send this
message e.g. to an expensive money collecting number now and then.

I would propose to add a clear contact indication on the SMS message thread
display for the next OS update.

seppo