[SailfishDevel] QtContacts available

Matthias Barmeier barmeier at barmeier.com
Sun Dec 22 14:25:53 UTC 2013

Hi,

thanks a lot.

Your link and this one:
http://flyingsheeponsailfish.blogspot.de/2013/10/alpha-2-migrating-landed.html
has working hints on what packages must be installed and how to make
QtContacts work.

If someone else needs this here is my way of QtContacts enabling:

ssh to mer build engine:  ssh -p 2222 -i
/opt/SailfishOS/vmshare/ssh/private_keys/engine/root root at localhost
install a package with:     zypper in qt5-qtdeclarative-pim-contacts

Select the Sailfish-Icon on the QtCreator toolbar.
Select Targets -> SailfishOS-i486-x86 -> manage -> sync

On the emulator select settings and set a password for the ssh connection.
ssh to the emulator:           ssh -p 2223 nemo at localhost <enter the
password>
Install the same package: sudo pkcon install qt5-qtdeclarative-pim-contacts

Restart both VMs. I don't know if this last step is neccessary, but
after I have done it the error message si gone
and ContactModel is a vailid type.

Thanks again !

Ciao
     Matze