[SailfishDevel] QtMultimedia SoundEffect Vs Audio

Kimmo Lindholm Kimmo.Lindholm at eke.fi
Fri Dec 20 19:13:42 UTC 2013

>>>Reason for rejection: The application does not respond to volume control.
>>>In the phone the volume is muted, but in the application is not muted. Br
>>>Dorota
>
>That's a weird cause for rejection. There are *many* use cases where you want
>the phone to be muted, but not other apps.

So all apps using QtMultimedia / SoundEffect will be rejected... :(

I think there is a bug ... somewhere.

I found this testbench for it, and assuming to the description (at line ~330) the SoundEffect should follow device volume.

https://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qtmultimedia/source/f717e5f49ae7117de043a8d771a9ced4582f8514:tests/systemtests/audio/sys_audio.qtt

-kimmo