[SailfishDevel] QtMultimedia SoundEffect Vs Audio

Kimmo Lindholm Kimmo.Lindholm at eke.fi
Fri Dec 20 11:21:27 UTC 2013

My app was rejected...

>>Reason for rejection: The application does not respond to volume control. In the phone the volume is muted, but in the application is not muted.
>>Br
>>Dorota

First I used QtMultimedia Audio component which seems to follow system volume setting, but after the sound is played, there is glitch in animations running on the screen.

Then I switched to SoundEffect component, but it plays always with full volume regardless of system volume settings (or muting).
I can 'manually' adjust the volume through with SoundEffect.volume -property.

Is there any way that I can pass system volume/muted value to SoundEffect.volume?

Last night I made a simple test application, but I forgot to push sources it to github.
The armv7hl rpm can be downloaded from https://www.dropbox.com/s/s5x1wbnr3qgqs6o/tonetest-0.1-1.armv7hl.rpm

When playing with Audio, you can see the glitch in spinning logo. This is not happening with SoundEffect.
The sliders are mapped relevant component volume property

import QtMultimedia 5.0 as Media

    Media.SoundEffect
    {
        id: playSoundEffect