[SailfishDevel] Receiving notifications

Mike Sheldon mike at mikeasoft.com
Wed Dec 18 15:24:32 UTC 2013

Hi,

 I'm currently in the process of porting Rockwatch, my Pebble smart
watch application, from MeeGo to Sailfish. I've got the basics working
with it communicating correctly with the watch over bluetooth, however
I'm running into a bit of a problem with notifications.

 From what I can tell from a bit of poking around, Sailfish's
notification system is based around the org.freedesktop.Notifications
standard. However from what I can see looking at the documentation for
this it doesn't really make any provision for multiple notification
sinks/servers like MeeGo's MNotificationManager did. Is there something
I'm overlooking? Or is there some other mechanism by which an
application can register an interest in receiving notifications?

Thanks,
 Mike.