[SailfishDevel] Harbour news

Alessandro Portale alessandro at casaportale.de
Wed Dec 18 01:30:59 UTC 2013

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 9:36 PM, Martin Kolman <martin.kolman at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll specifically point out that Cairo is a very nice
> vector drawing library and should be included.
> While there is the QtQuick 2.0 Canvas API, it seems to
> be GUI-only, without support for file output,
> which might be something many applications would like to
> do when doing simple image manipulation.

Hi, I am not familiar with the Cairo API. But Qt's pendant (code named
"Arthur") should offer about the same functionality. It should be
available in the Qt C++ API and be supported in SailfishOS.
See the QPainter documentation:
   http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/qpainter.html
Also for the the image IO:
   http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/qimage.html#reading-and-writing-image-files

Note that these two areas of Qt are not part of the blacklisted
QtWidgets, but rather part of QtGui.