[SailfishDevel] A new Jolla phone user - after 2 days of use

a.grandi at gmail.com a.grandi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 10:37:53 UTC 2013

Hi Valerio,

that Google support page doesn't offer a real solution it seems.
It confirms that Google Sync will stop working and it says that IMAP,
CardDav and CalDav are available instead.

So, can we use IMAP+CardDav+CalDav on Jolla?

On 17 December 2013 10:27, Valerio Valerio
<valerio.valerio at jollamobile.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>

> On 17/12/13 10:11, Nils Jeisecke wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> - Fonts look generally pretty bad (most obvious in the launcher)
>> - Scrolling makes pixels look "jaggy". Open Terminal, type ls, go to
>> app switcher and drag a little bit => pixels in the minimized terminal
>> app start to dance around
>> - Android Tasks must be handled by the Sailfish Taskswitcher. BB10
>> does this right.
>> - Pinning would be useful
>> - email Push over Exchange does not work for me (using Google)
>>

> is that a payed account ? (google apps for business for e.g).
> If not, access will stop working at the end of the year, does not make
> sense to invest time and resource in a service that will stop working in a
> few more days(unless google extent the support again). Google suggests
> these alternatives: https://support.google.com/a/answer/2716936
>
> Best regards,
>
> Valério
>

>> On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 5:48 PM, Kari Pihkala <kari.pihkala at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> 2. There should be a way to go straight from Lock Screen to Launcher

>>> I also have difficulties with the Home screen and I would rather use the
>>> Launcher screen to switch between apps. I think the reason is that
>>>
>>> in Home screen:
>>>
>>>   * Covers move around so I have to go through them one by one to find
>>> the
>>> app I need. Only if I continuously swap between two apps, I might trust
>>> that
>>> the app is the first or second one in the grid.
>>>   * Cover texts/images change, so I have to read/decypher images to
>>> understand which app they relate to. This is slow.
>>>
>>> in Launcher screen:
>>>
>>>   * App icons don't move around. I can rely on my spatial memory and
>>> find the
>>> app always at the same spot. Often, I have already moved my finger over
>>> the
>>> app before the screen has stopped scrolling.
>>>   * App icons don't change. Recognizing a familiar icon is faster than
>>> reading/decyphering images.
>>>
>>> Perhaps the number of covers displayed on Home could be customizable? I
>>> would limit it to three small ones (or remove all). The app icons could
>>> move
>>> up to occupy the free space.
>>>
>>> Also pinning the covers would help (I would pin most of them).
>>>
>>> I never close apps, so I have all the time nine small covers on the Home
>>> screen. Am I doing it wrong?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Kari

Andrea Grandi -  Software Engineer / Qt Ambassador / Nokia Developer
Champion
website: http://www.andreagrandi.it