[SailfishDevel] Using Python 3 and PyOtherSide repository on Sailfish device : one solution

Thomas Perl th.perl at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 15:04:42 UTC 2013

Hi,

2013/12/16 Roberto Colistete Jr. <roberto.colistete at gmail.com>

> Ops, I think I've found the solution, the "-G" (--no-gpgcheck, Disable GPG
> verification for this repository) is needed :
> # zypper ar -G
> http://repo.merproject.org/obs/mer-python3/latest_armv7hl/mer-python3.repo
> So this and other Mer COBS repositories can remain enabled and Jolla Store
> works (for installing softwares).
>
> But is there any other way to add repositories in Sailfish ?
>
> Repositories added with "zypper ar" are listed by "zypper lr", but no "ssu
> lr".

Yeah, don't worry about "ssu lr" - it only lists repositories that it adds
to zypper's list of repositories (see https://github.com/nemomobile/ssu).

You can now also use the nemo:devel:mw repository:
http://repo.merproject.org/obs/nemo:/devel:/mw/latest_armv7hl/nemo:devel:mw.repo

I've updated the Python packages to use the recently released 3.3.3 (it was
3.3.2 before):
https://github.com/nemomobile-packages/python3
https://github.com/nemomobile-packages/pyotherside

Please feel free to test and use in your apps, these two packages are the
ones that are planned to be available for Harbour apps (in a way so that
they are directly dependable from Harbour packages - for the QML import)
once they get some more testing and have been verified to be working and
API-stable.

HTH :)
Thomas