[SailfishDevel] SailfishOS SDK December update available today.
jarko.vihriala at jolla.com
Fri Dec 13 10:11:12 UTC 2013
Today at 14:00 UTC we will publish new installers, package repositories and updated website documentation for our SailfishOS SDK version Alpha-1312-Qt5.
If you already have an existing Alpha-Qt5 SDK installed you should see updates available icon in Qt Creator. If you don't have it installed, you can get the latest installer from www.sailfishos.org<http://www.sailfishos.org>. It is recommended to uninstall the old SDK and download a new installer.
This update brings the long-awaited Mer ARM device support to Qt Creator and fixes issues with the application template regarding requirements for Harbour submissions. Qt Creator Sailfish kits now also support shadow building, which separates the different architecture builds from each other negating the need to always clean the build directory when switching between ARM and i486 kits.
A couple of things you should be aware of:
- Like before, in this update the build engine, emulator and targets are re-installed so you will lose all changes you may have made in those - however, if your application packaging is done correctly, rebuilding your projects should reinstall the packages you have been using.
- All customization done to SDK (adding new package repositories, adding custom targets, additional source paths) will be removed during the installation process so make your own backup of those before starting the update.
- If you import existing projects made with a previous version of the Sailfish OS SDK, make sure you select the correct kit in the project configuration step. Both ARM and i486 kits are available.
- Windows users need to install VC10 runtime from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=8328 or Installer will ask for admin rights during installation.
- Package repository structure on SailfishOS.org has changed to be closer to the released Jolla phone repositories, so previous SDK installations will not work.
- For more information, please see SDK Alpha-Qt5 known issues list at: https://sailfishos.org/wiki/SDK_Alpha_Qt5_Known_Issues.
Here are the release notes of this update.
* Setting the additional application source folder now actually works. This setting can be used to specify a project location that is outside of your home directory.
SailfishOS SDK IDE:
* Qt Creator updated to version 2.8.1-3
* Qt Creator uses new wizard to create Mer ARM device, device creation is described on https://sailfishos.org/develop-firstapp-article.html in section 'Create a connection to Mer ARM device'
* Shadow building is supported, you can now safely build applications for both architectures without them clashing.
* Shadow building is on by default for each new project, but can be turned off in project's settings.
* Latest SDK Application template is integrated so Harbour application requirements can be more easily fulfilled.
* User settings are now stored in a new directory (Linux/OSX: $HOME/.config/SailfishAlpha3, Windows:C:\users\username\AppData\Roaming\SailfishAlpha3) so deleting old settings directory is not mandatory.
* Templates are updated with the latest SDK Application template.
* Quite a few Qt5 tutorial applications were ported to Sailfish OS, they can be found from ~/SailfishOS/tutorials and they can be used to study Sailfish OS application behaviour. Each tutorial's project directory has a README.md file which contains notes from a developer when porting the application from Desktop QML to Sailfish OS. Some of the notes might be outdated.
SDK Maintenance Tool:
* Installer version updated to 1.4.0-2.
* Documentation is updated with latest available versions. Documentation may contain references to Qt 5.0 - please see known issues list at: https://sailfishos.org/wiki/SDK_Alpha_Qt5_Known_Issues.
* Shadow building creates separate build directories outside your project directory named build-PROJECTNAME-KITNAME-[Debug|Release]
* The RPM packages for your project are also created under the shadow build directory
* Build Engine will not treat missing qtc_ macros in spec file as fatal.
* Emulator software is updated to match Jolla Phone release 1.0.1-10 "Laadunjärvi".
* SSH login password for nemo user can be set with Developer settings in Settings application.
* Package repositories can be refreshed with Developer settings in Settings application.
* Icon sizes are matched to Harbour requirements.
* Both i486 and ARM target builds based on updated Jolla baseline.
If you encounter any issues, please report them to Sailfish developers mailing list at devel at lists.sailfishos.org
The Jolla SDK Team
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Devel