[SailfishDevel] opengl again..

Wim de Vries wsvries at xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 4 21:55:54 UTC 2013

On 12/04/2013 08:18 PM, joao morgado wrote:
> @: Wim de Vries.
> I share your frustation about OpenGL with QWindow, and I'm also
> frustated with Qt widgets.
> I have a very nice app in OVI, symbian, with QWidgets and OpenGL, I'll
> have to do a complete redesign, since widgets are black listed.
>
> That example of QWindow with OpenGL, to me, it's an over complicated
> mess, luckly I managed to port my opengl code to QWindow but took me
> quite a while to do it. To me, there is a better example here
> https://github.com/advancingu/Qt5OpenGL
I managed it with QDeclarative some time ago, but that's also black
listed now...

> So it seems that only QML apps are supported, but I have no clue how
> to add a QWindow in a QML app. There's an example in QtCreator "Scene
> Graph - OpenGL under QML" but they use QQuickItem,
> for OpenGL, so I still don't have a clue how to use OpenGL in a QML app.
also black listed now see
http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5.0/qtdoc/whatsnew.html

I implemented just a little part of my app
(https://github.com/sailfishapps/checklists) in a small app, using c++
<> QML-Sailfish communication.
It works, but for the communication you need a lot of code. And the code
is very hard to understand.
I do hope that we will be able to access the sailfish GUI via C++
somewhere in the future.
C(++) is THE language for openGL.

I'll post a separate topic on this.
Thanks.