[SailfishDevel] How to add VM with Mer as Device Emulator?

Simon Bolek simon.bolek at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 2 16:13:03 UTC 2013

Hi (-:

What are the exact steps to add a Virtual Machine with Mer/Nemo to
QtCreator as an Emulator, so the App will be deployed to this particular VM?

I tried the following:
1) Got Nemo VM image from Mer Wiki and installed
2) Goto: Options->Devices and add Mer Emulator Device (see screenshot)
3) Clone the default auto-detected Kit MerSDK-SailfishOS-i486-x86 and
choose Device: newly created emulator

However when i try to deploy the application, it says:
*could not connect to Nemo Virtual Machine*

When I try to test emulator, it says:
*SSH connection failure: Connection refused*

I created ssh keys for nemo and root users and deployed them to VM.
I also tried to set the Network adapter 1:1 as it is the case with the
delivered  Emulator.
I also set the 2224->22 port forwarding.

So what is that I may do wrong, so QtCreator cannot contact.
Could you give me any hints?

thanks&cheers
simon :-)