[SailfishDevel] Adding packages & repositories to MerSDK and Sailfish Emulator

Roberto Colistete Jr. roberto.colistete at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 19:55:37 UTC 2013

     Hi,

     My procedure for adding packages & repositories to MerSDK and
Sailfish Emulator (Alpha Qt5), for example, the "mer-python3" repository
(https://build.merproject.org/project/show?project=mer-python3) and
"python3" package :

1) In MerSDK & target i486 (via ssh) :
a) adding repository to MerSDK, for example the "mer-python3" one :
mersdk at SailfishSDK:~$ sudo zypper ar -f
http://repo.merproject.org/obs/mer-python3/latest_i486/ mer-python3
mersdk at SailfishSDK:~$ sudo zypper ref
b) adding repository to i486 target in MerSDK :
mersdk at SailfishSDK:~$ sb2 -t SailfishOS-i486-x86 -m sdk-install -R
zypper ar -f http://repo.merproject.org/obs/mer-python3/latest_i486/
mer-python3
mersdk at SailfishSDK:~$ sb2 -t SailfishOS-i486-x86 -m sdk-install -R
zypper ref
c) adding packages to MerSDK :
mersdk at SailfishSDK:~$ sudo zypper in python3-base python3-devel
d) adding packages to i486 target in MerSDK :
I. go to "SailfishOS IDE (Qt Creator) -> SailfishOS mode -> Targets ->
Manage SailfishOS-i486-x86" and select the packages to install;
II. or :
mersdk at SailfishSDK:~$ sb2 -t SailfishOS-i486-x86 -m sdk-install -R
zypper in python3-base python3-devel
then go to "SailfishOS IDE (Qt Creator) -> SailfishOS mode -> Targets ->
Manage SailfishOS-i486-x86 -> sync".

2) In Sailfish Emulator (via ssh) :
[nemo at SailfishEmul ~]$ sudo zypper ar -f
http://repo.merproject.org/obs/mer-python3/latest_i486/ mer-python3
[nemo at SailfishEmul ~]$ sudo zypper ref
[nemo at SailfishEmul ~]$ sudo zypper in python3-base

     If there is some error, feel free to comment. I want to update the
1st post of the topic "Sailfish SDK Alpha Qt5 released " in Talk
Maemo.org (http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=89294) with useful info.

         Regards,

         Roberto