[SailfishDevel] Include Python.h: BuildRequires

Robin Burchell robin at viroteck.net
Fri Aug 9 09:24:15 UTC 2013

On 9. aug. 2013, at 10:03, christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch wrote:
> BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(QtCore) >= 4.7.0
> BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(QtDeclarative)
> BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(QtContacts)
> BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(qdeclarative-boostable)
> BuildRequires:  pkgconfig(TelepathyQt5)
> BuildRequires:  desktop-file-utils

This does not make much sense to me. You appear to be trying to use Qt 4 packages (QtCore, QtDeclarative, …) with Qt 5 ones.

Qt 5 packages are e.g.:
pkgconfig(Qt5Core)
pkgconfig(Qt5Quick)
pkgconfig(Qt5Contacts)

> When I build I get the following in the compile output
>
> '
> (....)
> pkgconfig(TelepathyQt5)' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
> 'telepathy-qt5-devel' providing 'pkgconfig(TelepathyQt5)' is already installed.

This isn't an error. That's OK.

> (....)
> 'pkgconfig(QtContacts)' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.

You want pkgconfig(Qt5Contacts).

> 'pkgconfig(qdeclarative-boostable)' not found in package names. Trying capabilities.
> error: Failed build dependencies:

pkgconfig(qdeclarative5-boostable).

> If an automatic install is not possible, is there a clever way to identify the correct package(s) and install using the SDK Control Center? E.g. If I search for "contact" in the Control Center then I get a long list of possible packages with contact in the name, and it is not easy (for me) to identify the correct one without a bit of trial and error.

If you stick with the 'public' APIs (Qt-based stuff), then you'll notice that they all follow a fairly easily identifiable pattern as of Qt 5. For the rest, you're somewhat more on your own and will need to do research.

BR,

Robin