[SailfishDevel] Sending SMS Messages from Sailfish Alpha 2 from QML

christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch christopher.lamb at thurweb.ch
Fri Aug 9 09:26:17 UTC 2013

Hi John

Zitat von "John Brooks" <john.brooks at jollamobile.com>:
> property var currentChannel:
> handler.getConversation("/org/freedesktop/Telepathy/Account/ring/tel/account0",
> "12345")
> onClicked: currentChannel.sendMessage("Hello world")

I have installed telepathy-qt5 and telepathy-qt5-devel.

I was also able to build org.nemomobile.messages.internal 1.0 with the
Sailfish Alpha2, and install it on the Emulator.

I now have a throwaway Sailfish SMS demo. In the FirstPage.qml I have
the following

    property var currentChannel:
NemoMessage.TelepathyChannelManager.getConversation("/org/freedesktop/Telepathy/Account/ring/tel/account0",
"12345")

    PullDownMenu {
       MenuItem {
          text: "Send Test SMS"
          onClicked: currentChannel.sendMessage("Hello world");
       }
    }

Sadly I get this error on building:

file:///opt/sdk/SMSTelepathyDemo/usr/share/SMSTelepathyDemo/pages/FirstPage.qml:10: TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method
'getConversation'

QtCreator autocompletion did however find getConversation ...

any ideas?

Chris